Oracle 11g PL/SQL Developer OCA Course
Course length: 40 hours
For your convenience, we offer flexible scheduling:
- For those that want to get it done all at once we offer the option of an intensive week long program from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday
- For those that are available only on Saturdays, we offer a 5 week program from 9am to 5pm
The target student is a developer with basic PL/SQL and SQL language skills who is interested in obtaining a job as a PL/SQL Developer. In addition, this course will help prepare students to prepare for the OCA: PL/SQL Developer Certification.
This course is designed for developers with basic PL/SQL and SQL language skills. Developing, executing, and managing PL\SQL stored program units are explored in detail. Participants can enhance their skills by gaining in-depth knowledge of PL\SQL stored program units such as procedures, functions, packages, and database triggers. Participants also learn to utilize some of the Oracle-supplied packages.
Additionally the course also talks about the usage of Dynamic SQL along with enforcing the design considerations when coding using PL/SQL. Influencing the PL/SQL compiler and managing dependencies also provides the participants with better understanding of the language.
Additionally, participants use Oracle SQL Developer as the main tool and SQL*Plus is available as an optional tool.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use the compiler warnings infrastructure
- Create triggers to solve business challenges
- Manage dependencies between PL/SQL subprograms
- Use conditional compilation to customize the functionality in a PL/SQL application without removing any source code
- Create stored procedures and functions
- Design PL/SQL packages to group and contain related constructs
- Create overloaded package subprograms for more flexibility
- Use the Oracle supplied PL/SQL packages to generate screen output, file output, and mail output
- Write dynamic SQL for more coding flexibility
- Use PL/SQL packages to group and contain related constructs
- Design PL/SQL code for pre-defined data types, local subprograms, additional programs, and standardized constants and exceptions