Oracle 12c Database Administrator I (SQL Fundamentals + Administrator I)
Course length: 40 hours
For your convenience, we offer flexible scheduling:
- For those that want to get it done all at once we offer the option of an intensive week long program from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- For those that are available only on Saturdays, we offer a 5 week program from 9am to 5pm.
This course is designed to give students a firm foundation in basic administration of Oracle Database 12c. In this class, students learn how to install and maintain Oracle Database 12c. Students gain a conceptual understanding of the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another. Students learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner including performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup/recovery techniques. The lesson topics are reinforced with structured hands-on experiments.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Oracle Database Architecture
- Install and configure Oracle Database 12c
- Configure Oracle Net services
- Manage the database storage structures
- Create and administer user accounts
- Perform basic backup and recovery of a database
- Manage users and schemas
- Manage data and concurrency
- Monitor and administer undo data
- Backup and recover a database
- Monitor performance
- Use the database diagnostic monitor