OCP 12c Database Administrator II
Course length: 40 hours
For your convenience, we offer flexible scheduling:
- For those that want to get it done all at once we offer the option of an intensive week long program from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday
- For those that are available only on Saturdays, we offer a 5 week program from 9am to 5pm
In this course, the concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps of how to carry it out in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. This includes how to define and test your own backup and recovery scenarios. Also, students learn to manage memory effectively and to perform some performance evaluation and tuning tasks, including using some of the advisors. All types of flashback technologies, scheduling jobs inside and outside of the database, and controlling system resource usage are covered. Topics are reinforced with hands-on experiments.
Students should have taken Oracle Database 12c: Administration Workshop I.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Back up and recover a database
- Configure Oracle Database for optimal recovery
- Administer ASM disk groups
- Use an RMAN backup to duplicate a database
- Automating Tasks with the Scheduler